Big Data = Big Words. But what is it? How do you use it? Where do you collect it? And what is the use in the context of marketing to affluent travelers? Tune in to get a primer on big data for luxury travel!
What do we cover in this episode
- What is big data?
- Where do you get it from?
- What data sources are out there for you to collect?
- How to pull the data together and visualize it
- The two major methods of using big data in your business
- What areas of application are available to you once you collect big data?
- Why do you need to ensure data security and adhere to privacy regulations
Big Data, many use the term as a buzzword, but very few really understand the concept!
Being one of the major technology and marketing concepts to emerge out of the direct marketing or growth hacking movement in the last decade, big data is nonetheless still a misused and not very well understood concept. The collection of analytics data points, on & offline and the following usage and interpretation of this data is a powerful force that is currently changing our daily lives as we speak.
How can you leverage this movement, this data to your advantage? What are some basic use cases, and what technology is involved in the collection and processing of that data? If you want to get smart on big data, programmatic and segmentation, make sure to listen to this episode!
In the next episode
You only posting promotional things on your social media channels? You are doing it wrong. Find out how to really connect with best practices for social media in luxury travel in next weeks episode.