Social media is not a magic wand that will grow your luxury travel business with no effort, but it can be a powerful tool to get awareness and reach similar customers to the ones you already have. Tune in to get the insight on what our 10 basic rules on social media for luxury travel are.
What do we cover in this episode
- Rule 01: social media are mostly a brand awareness tool
- Rule 02: social media are all about engagement, community and sharing
- Rule 03: know the limits of organic reach
- Rule 04: Use paid social and re-marketing in a deliberate way
- Rule 05: Don’t be overly commercial on social media (70/30 rule)
- Rule 06: Leverage synergies (email marketing, other sm channels)
- Rule 07: use audio & video
- Rule 08: Have a content schedule pre-planned
- Rule 09: Experiment with formats and placements
- Rule 10: Stay informed on new features and how the algorithm evolves
Everybody is on social media these days, but especially in luxury travel social media marketing is often underutilized
“Just run some Facebook ads, you will get sales for sure!” Any luxury travel business owner who has fallen for this trap has probably cursed the day he watched someone on Youtube spout some nonsense about social media being the greatest marketing tool ever created. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
There are so many ways you can use social media effectively in your marketing mix, be it yacht marketing, aviation marketing or marketing for hospitality brands. For example, you can use social media for luxury brand marketing (long-term perspective) to drive awareness in your marketplace or you can try to use it for paid social and re-marketing to drive cold traffic and generate clicks from customer similar to your existing customer base. But you need to have a clear vision on what you want to do. Listen to this episode and start doing the basics right before you invest large amounts of budget!
In the next episode
The next episode will focus on native advertising. What is it, where does it fit in in terms of brand marketing and direct marketing and how can you leverage it to drive leads or bookings for your company.
Make sure to subscribe! The Luxury Travel Marketer podcast is available on all major platforms