Google Chrome announced in 2019 that they will phase out 3rd party cookies by 2022. This will change the digital advertising landscape forever. If you want to be on top of things and ready for a new technology eco-system when the time comes, tune in now!
What do we cover in this episode
- What is a cookie
– What is a 3rd party cookie
– What is it used for today
– When is it being phased out
– Why is it being phased out
- How will digital advertising change?
– Overreliance on FB and Google, Outbrain, Taboola
– Overreliance on Remarketing
- Publishers, direct and programmatic becoming more important again
– First party cookies
– Shared data room solutions
- Why the way we work and generate leads and bookings is future proof
The marketing landscape will change drastically after complete phase out of 3rd party cookies
As most marketers in luxury are still catching up to things like social media, marketing automation and CRO, the next generation of marketing technology and media buying methodologies is already developing. With the phase out of 3rd party cookies by Google in 2022, advertisers and agencies need to start thinking about new ways of safely sharing data, build luxury segments and use contextual information to match the right message to the right affluent prospect.
Make sure to subscribe! The Luxury Travel Marketer podcast is available on all major platforms