Is affiliate marketing only about discounts and cheap products? Or is there a way luxury brands can use public and private networks, influencers and other contacts to successfully promote their high-ticket services and products in a low-cost but effective way? Tune in to find out.
What do we cover in this episode
- What is affiliate marketing?
- Is it a suitable tactic for luxury travel services?
- What are the challenges with affiliate marketing?
- How to build your own affiliate program in luxury travel
- What are some typical costs associated with building your own program
Affiliate marketing is a tactic often associated with fashion, retail, ecommerce, and mass market travel, can it work for luxury as well?
The answer is yes and no. If you think that all it takes is to sign up for one of the big affiliate networks like Rakuten and get sales for free you are dead wrong. At best, a blind move like that will devalue your brand and scare of quality and reputation conscious luxury travelers. But if you are willing to invest time, effort, and money (yes, affiliate marketing also costs money) into building your own referral and affiliate program then it can be a rewarding effort for your company.
Make sure to subscribe! The Luxury Travel Marketer podcast is available on all major platforms